Social Icons

Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

How I Clean My House Naturally: Part 1 - Basic H2


If you know me, you know that I love to use safe and natural products to clean my house.  I get asked about this a lot and since I haven't blogged about Get Clean in awhile, I thought I would today!

If you have been following my blog, you may be familiar with my very first post about how I de-toxed my house and now use only THREE products to clean it! Today I will start a series of posts sharing the few products that I really love to clean my entire house...

First up - my beloved Basic H2!


I truly love this cleaner for a few great reasons.

1. It is completely safe for my entire family, including my preemie son who was born with lung disease 2 years ago and is prone to respiratory issues. No harmful fumes, phthalates, or BPA to keep our home and the environment healthy. Made from corn and coconut - how cool is that? And it's great because my kids can help me clean too with no worries!



2. It actually WORKS!!! 

Windows, glass, grills, floors, stove tops, ovens, microwaves, dusting, cleaning greasy hands, fruits and veggies, fine fabric, appliances, soaking greasy pots and pans, cars, gum, crayon off of floors or walls or furniture, drain cleaner, in the garden and much more!... And because it cleans so well, it prevents bacteria from growing!

I love how it keeps dust at bay on our dark furniture when I use the all purpose solution with my microfiber cloth. Here is my dresser and mirror, both cleaned with Basic H2. Love the shine without the chemicals and fumes!





And here is a sample of my young artist's work:)







And after using the degreaser solution of Basic H2 along with my washable microfiber sponge. Came off so easily. I also have used this to take crayon off of our kitchen floor, the refrigerator door and living room furniture! Yes, my little guy is the creative one. lol




 How to mix Basic H2:

- window/glass/mirrors: mix 1-2 DROPS into 16 oz sprayer of water  

-General Cleaning: mix 1/4 tsp. into 16 oz sprayer of water

-degreaser: mix 1 1/2 tsp. into 16 oz sprayer of water









I also keep a little in my laundry room to apply directly to spots and stains. Works great!!

Here is a before picture of my preschooler's shirt after he dropped some of a greasy taco on it when we were at a restaurant




I know, I know...a greasy taco and a preschooler with a white shirt? What was I thinking??? 

Basic H2, that's what! :)




Pretty great, huh? I also used Nature Bright, which is a safe alternative to bleach to remove the tough stains. Every time I have washed this shirt since, it seems even whiter and brighter. Love that!

3. Another reason I love this cleaner - It saves us money!!! One 16 oz bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz Windex!!! Pretty amazing! The window solution is less then a penny per gallon. Gotta love that!

Basic H2's Cleaning Credentials:
Nontoxic
Superconcentrated
Biodegradable Surfactants
Natural
No Phosphates 

Basic H2 has been around for over 50 years now and was the product showcased at the first Earth Day celebration in the 1970s! My mom has been using it for 37 years so it's kind of like family.:)

That's it for this post. I will post Part 2 of my natural cleaning series coming soon  - Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates