Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pita Pizza!


My family LOVES these easy and healthy pita pizzas! I have made them so many times since I got the recipe from my Shaklee 180 plan in early January.

Ingredients:

whole wheat pita bread
pizza sauce (I make my own from low salt tomato sauce and I mix in oregano, basil, garlic and onion powder. I also like to add chia seeds to my sauce for a lot of nutrients and omega 3s)
chopped bell pepper (the red ones have the most antioxidants)
chopped onion (I leave this off since my family isn't a fan)
chopped mushroom
shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim)
cooked chicken breast, chopped

To Make:

I like to use my Silpat pan or cookie sheet and put the pitas in the oven at 420 for about 10 min. to get crisp while I prepare the other ingredients. you could also do this in a toaster oven but it takes longer depending on the size of your oven.

Cook chicken in pan on stovetop until it's not pink with a little extra virgin olive oil and seasonings of your choice. I like garlic and onion powder and black pepper. I also use oregano or basil if I have it.

Put sauce on pita.

Put veggie and chicken toppings on pitas.

Add a little cheese.

Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.

We usually enjoy this with a fresh salad with homemade vinegrete dressing.

Enjoy!!

What are some of your healthy recipes that don't taste so healthy?

Thanks for reading! Visit me on Facebook soon! :)

Rebecca  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates