Social Icons

Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Crayon and Ink stains - Be Gone!




My goal is to put a blog post up once a week. So just think of this post as a little bonus. :) Thanks to my 2 year old and my husband, I have something to share today.

My 2 year old son really loves to draw us pictures. Unfortunately, he decided to really expand on his creativity the other day and colored all over our refrigerator and on the wall next to it with crayons! You can imagine how shocked I was to see this. What was the first thing I did? I took a picture! lol. And then I got to work with the Basic H2 degreaser mix (1 1/2 tsp. of Basic H2 to 16 oz of water) seen here along with my Shaklee microfiber sponge seen here. It worked like magic for both the wall and the fridge. Here are the before pictures from my little artist:


it's a little hard to see on the white refrigerator.

And here are the after pictures when I used the Basic H2 degreaser with the microfiber sponge:

So nice! It came right off. I originally tried using a paper towel and that didn't really work well at all. When I switched to the microfiber sponge, it came off easily.

Here are the before pics of the wall. Again, it is a little hard to see since the wall is white.




And here is the after picture of the wall. Again, I used the Basic H2 degreaser with the microfiber sponge. Awesome!




So after I dealt with that, my husband came home and told me that he put his work shirt in the laundry because he got red ink on it! (an occupational hazard of being a professor I suppose:). He wasn't concerned about it though because he knew that I would "work my Shaklee magic" and I did. I actually didn't get around to doing anything with it for over a day because I had forgotten about it. When I remembered, I rubbed a little of the Basic H2 concentrate on the stain and then forgot about it again until I was ready to do laundry, which was the next day. Here are the before pictures:

The picture is not that great. It was hard for me to get a good one that really showed the stain, but it is in the middle of the picture and was a few inches long. Here's another before:
And here is the after. No more stain. I took the before pictures in the laundry room but did the after in our bedroom where there is more light. I guess that is why the color looks different. I need to get better at taking my before and after pictures but I am hoping you get the idea from this that it really worked!:) After I had put the Basic H on the stain, I had washed it with our regular Shaklee liquid laundry detergent seen here. Shaklee also makes a powder detergent, which we also use and love.
So there you have it! I actually enjoy when I have tough stains to work through. It's a good challenge, not that I want my 2 year old coloring on all of the furniture and walls! But when the next time occurs (and I am sure it will!) I know I can get it out easily!

Thanks for reading! Look for my next blog post that I am working on for next week on the many uses of Vitamin C! (it's not just for the common cold:) Have a great and healthy weekend!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates