Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Ice Cream!


 I was inspired to re-post this from last February since we have a lot of fresh snow on the ground again. I am planning on making this with my kids later today:) Enjoy!


If you live in the midwest, then you have seen some serious snow lately, haven't you? We have had school closings, university closings and a few very nice days of just staying in with the family this week. Sometimes it is just nice when you are forced to stay home and not be busy.



One of the fun things that I did with my husband and toddler to celebrate the snow was to make snow ice cream. I had never heard of this before but several of my facebook friends were talking about it. It was a fun family activity that tasted very good! Here is the recipe:

1 large bowl of fresh, clean snow
1 cup of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/2 cup of white sugar
sprinkles (optional)

mix the snow, vanilla and sugar
add the milk until you get the desired consistency
add the sprinkles

put into bowls and eat immediately!

My toddler loved this treat. We actually thought 1/2 cup of sugar was a little too much so feel free to experiment with the amount you use.

Enjoy! :)

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates