Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby's 1st Birthday!





My second child, Benjamin, just turned a year old! I can hardly believe it has been a year since he made his dramatic appearance into this world. I was thinking back to a year ago when I went into labor suddenly and progressed very quickly. (total of 2 hours from when I started "feeling bad" to his birth) I was in denial that I was even in labor since it was so early on. My husband and I rushed to the hospital (going through red lights and all!) to get there on time. I WAS NOT going to have the baby in the car! lol. But I just about did. We arrived at midnight and he was born twenty minutes later and spent 19 days in the NICU. We weren't allowed to even hold him for the first week. It was a difficult and stressful time, but the end result was so worth it. Benjamin is such a joy in our lives and we cannot picture life without him in it. He has been so happy and healthy since we brought him home. I wanted to share some of the pictures from his day and from the little party we had for him over the weekend. I also wanted to share some pictures from a year ago to show you how far he has come!

This picture was taken 2 days before he arrived. We were vacationing with our friends in Nashville, IN which is 2 hours away from our home. We rented a cabin in a remote area and I am just SO thankful that I didn't go into labor there!!!
This was the first picture we took of Benjamin in the NICU the day he was born. It was so hard to see him hooked up to all of the machines.

Big brother on the day he was born. Andrew wasn't old enough to go into the NICU so he had to wait to meet his brother.
His first day home with us! And the first time the brothers could meet. It was a wonderful day!!
Here are the pictures from his birthday and party.



My toddler had a fun time with the new toys too!



Below are pictures from the party. All of his grandparents were able to come, as well as other family and a few close friends. It was a nice day. Here are friends Jacqueline and Sebastian.
and grandma with Benjamin and friend David.
grandpa is ready to tickle Andrew while friend Kristina looks on:)
Friends Laura, Kendrick and Jacqueline along with grandma and grandpa and my college friend Joanna who made the trip from Madison. She is also his godmother.



I wish we had a better picture of the cake. It turned out very cute.

My older son barely tasted the cake on his first birthday. But this one couldn't get enough. He dove right in:)
Mmmmmmm!



with cousin Jessie
sleepy after the party...
having fun with grandpa

My sweet baby...
I hope you enjoyed the pictures from my little guy's big day. Have a good and healthy rest of your week!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates