Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Natural Baby Wipes



I have been hearing about these natural baby wipes for awhile now from a few different people, so it was finally time for me to try them too! I made them a few weeks ago now, and so far I really like using them with my kids. Here is how I made them:

First, I took a Bounty big roll of paper towel and cut it in half. I was told that other paper towels won't work for this. The Bounty are nice because they are the half sheet size:
The edges got frayed a bit but that didn't seem to matter in the end.

Next, I poured 2 cups of water into a bowl. I used filtered water.
I have heard to use hot water so they don't mold. I didn't because I didn't know this at the time and haven't had any issue with that.

I added 1 tsp. of Shakleebaby Gentle Wash and 1/4 tsp. of Shakleebaby Massage Oil. I have also heard of people using natural baby oil or almond oil in place of the massage oil.

EDIT: In place of the Shakleebaby Gentle Wash you could also use the liquid Dish Wash Concentrate which smells really nice and fresh OR the Basic H2 organic concentrate.
Both are complete safe on baby skin. (and yours!)
(sorry for this picture being sideways!)

I looked all around for a container that would work for my wipes. I found these but any similar type and size container should work.


I washed the container, put the paper towel in and poured the water mixture over the top.


Then I put the cover on and turned it over for about 15 minutes to let the paper towel really absorb the water mixture.


Next I took the cardboard roll out from the center.
And then they were ready to use!


I really like how they smell and LOVE knowing that I am not using chemicals on my kids bottoms. I wasn't sure if the paper towel would be too rough on their delicate skin, but it isn't at all.

Here are the two Shaklee products that I used:

We use the Gentle Wash every day during bath time and really love it. Here are a few facts about it:

99% natural
76% certified organic ingredients
pediatrician tested
PH balanced
Hypoallergenic
No parabens or SLS
No artificial color or fragrance
No 1, 4-dioxane or formaldehyde

And here are a few facts about the massage oil:

99% natural
99% certified organic ingredients
pediatrician tested
Hypoallergenic
No parabens or SLS
No artificial color or fragrance
No 1, 4-dioxane or formaldehyde

I always feel good using Shaklee products, especially with my kids. The science and quality behind each of their many products is outstanding and something I trust. I grew up with Shaklee as my mom has been using their products for 37 years and I am so excited that I can now make these baby wipes to use with my kids!

I hope this information was useful to you. Thanks for reading and don't forget about my Organize Now party that starts on Jan. 5th. There is still time to check out the book and get yourself organized for the new year! I can't wait!

Have a healthy rest of 2011! Looking forward to what's in store for 2012! :)

Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Rebecca, thanks for the thorough instructions and pictures! I've been wondering if I'd ever get around to making these, I've heard about them before, too. So much cheaper than regular wipes, also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Rebecca. Yes, it took me awhile to get around to making them but when I did I was really happy about it. And you're right about the cost effectiveness. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also do this to make wipes for the counters. I just use the Basic H2 mixture. You can use the regular or degreaser formula and then add a few drops of the Basic G if you want to give it some antibacterial properties. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome suggestions, Tami! I will definitely have to try that next:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Templates