Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Healthy Burger Recipe


I LOVE cooking from Jessica Seinfeld's (Yep, Jerry's wife's) cookbook Deceptively Delicious. I have made several of these recipes and they are always very good. I love it because you can sneak some good stuff (ie Veggies!) into the recipes. My kids have no idea and eat it right up. :)

The other night we made one of her burger recipes.

They turned out really good. They didn't look as good as the picture here (never do for me!) but they tasted so delicious and my kids kept asking for more. Love that!

They included pureed or chopped mushrooms and zucchini. You couldn't even tell that they were there.

The recipe also called for breadcrumbs. I didn't have any so I used whole oats (the ones I use for my oatmeal). Worked great and added some good fiber.

Feels good when I know my kids are eating right. Do you ever sneak things into your recipes? Have you ever tried anything from this book?


Thanks for reading and I hope you are enjoying your week! Remember to check in on Thursday for the weekly Organize Now post. It's gonna be a good one:)

Rebecca









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates