Social Icons

Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Andrew's 3rd Birthday and the Pumpkin Patch!



We had a fun time at Exploration Acres over the weekend. Our realtor, Luann Parker, hosted her annual customer appreciation dinner and bonfire there. We didn't stay for the bonfire because it would have been too late for the kids, but hope to in a future year. We had a great time - thanks, Luann! Here are some of the pictures that we took there.




Luann also called me today to tell me that we won the free carwash raffle that she had! Awesome since Andrew just informed me yesterday that the van was very dirty and needed a wash! lol

checking out the tunnel of hay
walking in the hay
duck races

we had a lot of fun picking pumpkins this year
I just love this time of year...


we got a few more then planned but they were only .30 a pound! not bad!


Andrew and I decided to attempt some pies with the pumpkins. I love to cook but baking has never been my thing since you have to measure everything so precisely. This was very evident when the pies took almost twice as long as the directions said to bake and there were these lovely white spots in the middle of some of them. (egg yolk!:) I also realized that I was so focused on separating the eggs (which I obviously didn't do very well:) that I forgot 2 of my favorite ingredients - cinnamon and vanilla!

They still tasted really good though but I will give up the thought of entering them into any pie contests. lol

So because of Benjamin being in the hospital, I never got around to posting these pictures from Andrew's birthday in September. We had a great time at Happy Hollow Park. His grandpa and grandma C were able to come, as well as a lot of our friends and even many from his preschool. We had a lot of fun. Here are some of the pictures. (in reverse order:)


"What? It's only acceptable to put your hand in the cake on your first birthday?!"
Andrew got a lot of very nice gifts. Thanks again to everyone who came. We need a bigger house for all of the toys our kids have. lol






we had fun with some of the games. Here is pin tail on the donkey but Bingo seemed to be the biggest hit that day:)
we were able to get the parachute out. it looked like rain all day but it didn't come till that evening.


Here are a few pictures from the morning of his bday. He loved his new bike.
Our new birthday pancake tradition. My cousin - in-law Kristin gave me this great idea:)



Thanks again for reading and keeping up with my blog. Many of you have asked how Benjamin is doing. He continues to get better and stronger every day. Each day he acts more and more like himself and is getting back into getting into EVERYthing again. lol. He will finish his meds on Thursday and so far he has not shown any more withdrawl symptoms other then his pupils continue to be larger but still reactive to light. Thanks again for all of your prayers and good thoughts. We really appreciate them and you!

Have a great and healthy week!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates