Social Icons

Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Healthier Take on Brownies!

I LOVE sweets! I really do. It's always a struggle for me not eat too much. So when I came across this yummy brownie recipe in
 Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious book I knew I had to try it. (You can find a few others from this book if you click the recipe tab on the right side of my blog)
 

I made the brownies recently for a women's health event that I hosted and they were a big hit. Dark chocolate has a lot of antioxidants in it, so I thought it was the perfect choice to share with my girl friends. :)



So what makes them healthier, you may ask??

There are a couple of secret ingredients......




And...



That's right - Spinach and Carrots! And honestly, you could not tell that they were in there at all.

Jessica's book is all about adding in pureed fruits and veggies so your kiddos (and other picky eaters in your life) will get some good stuff in their food. I have used different recipes from this book and my family has always enjoyed them.

The recipe called for a 1/2 cup of each vegetable puree. I use my mini food processor that I used to use when I pureed baby food. It works really well for this. Be sure to cook or steam your veggies first, cut them up and add a little water if necessary.

Other ingredients included 3 oz of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. (Dark chocolate is a healthier choice.) It also had unsweetened cocoa powder.

They tasted pretty good for being a healthy option! My sweet tooth was satisfied:) And I loved that they were loaded with antioxidants for eye health from the veggies and also had some good fiber and were low in calories and saturated fat. Perhaps a good option for your holiday weekend festivities. Feel free to contact me for the full recipe.

Thanks for reading! Have a healthy and safe Memorial Weekend!


And remember that there is less then a week left to take advantage of Shaklee's free membership promotion with any product order! (19.95 value) You can click HERE for more info about Shaklee or feel free to contact me.
Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates