Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kale Chips

Have you ever had kale chips? I hadn't until my friend Juliet made them for my family when they invited us over for dinner recently. They were SO tasty! Of course I had to make them myself. I served them to some friends who came over for Earth Day last month. They were a big hit!


I also had a few other yummy treats on hand like these peanut butter protein bars! So Good and a healthy snack that my kids can't get enough of.

My 3 year old LOVES raw veggies. He won't eat them cooked lately, so I always save a few raw ones for him whenever I am cutting them up.
and my 20 month old loves fruit. It's a favorite treat of his. He thinks it is like candy, I think. lol

 I had a few facts out about Earth Day. I love the last one about the Hearsey's kisses:)


The Kale Chips are so easy to make:

1. wash and dry the kale completely. I like to use Basic H2 to wash my produce. It does a great job at removing residue, wax from apples, etc.

2. break the kale into chip size pieces and put on a cookie sheet

3. drizzle extra virgin olive oil over kale and sprinkle with sea salt or another coarse salt. Mix to coat.

4. bake at 325 for approximately 20-25 minutes, turning half way through. It should get crispy and maybe slightly browned on the edges.

5. Enjoy!

My kids even loved these!

What healthy snacks do you like to make for your family?

And don't forget about the awesome FREE membership with ANY order special that Shaklee has extended through May. You can learn a little about Shaklee and the wonderful earth-friendly products HERE.


Thanks for stopping in! Have a great day!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates