Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Homemade Hummus? Yes, please!

I LOVE hummus! I have heard of people making it and to be honest, I have no good answer as to why I have not done this before. I served store bought at a gathering in my home recently and one of my friends said she makes hummus all of the time. So I thought, I should too!

I did today and I was SO easy! And healthy! And Quick! And my kiddos loved it.


There are many variations but this is what I made. I am looking forward to trying different recipes in the very near future since I have so much Tahini left! lol! So please share if you have a good one!

RECIPE:

1 can of chick peas or garbanzo beans
(reserve a little of the liquid from the can to blend in and drain the rest)
the juice of half of a lemon
1 1/2 TBS tahini
minced garlic (to taste. If you like garlic use more!)
a couple of shakes of garlic salt (I am not a measurer! I don't like to oversalt so I tend to go light here. You can always add more but can't take it away)
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil

I blended all of the ingredients in my magic bullet blender for about 2-3 minutes until smooth. You can use a regular blender too.

Serve on pita chips, crackers, fresh veggies and fruit. This is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies. My favorite is with the Shaklee 180 snack crisps which also give you 6 grams of non-GMO protein per serving! Total health and energy packed snack!

Refrigerate your left overs and they are good in the fridge for a few days. Can also freeze.

Thanks for stopping in. Would love to hear your favorite hummus recipes too!

And a reminder that July is ending soon and you can still take advantage of my JULY SPECIALS which include freebies and now also FREE Shipping! 

Have a great day!

~Rebecca~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates