Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Got Stress?



Does this picture look familiar? Do you have stress? If your answer is no, I may be worried. We all have stress. At times it is a lot and at times, less. But it's always there of some sort. How we deal with it is what is most important.

I had a lot of stress yesterday. I had a big dental appointment.



If you know me at all, you probably know how much I dislike going to the dentist. I have always been like this. I told my dentist that I would rather go through childbirth again without an epidural then spend time in the dentist chair! My childhood dentist told my parents not to bring me back there unless I became a better patient! lol. I was told I have soft teeth, and I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so I had caveties as a kid and now those old fillings are turning to crowns. ugh. (as a side note, my dentist told me that it is important for kids to get enough calcium each day for both bone and teeth health. This will benefit teeth up to age 9 when they are all in. We give our 3 year old one of these chewable calcium supplements per day and he always asks for more:)


Yesterday, I had to get fit for a crown. It was my second. Of course it caused me stress and anxiety!

But the interesting thing was that I wasn't too stressed about it once I was in the chair. The appointment took almost 2 hours! Don't get me wrong, I did not enjoy the drilling what so ever. However, today, I am not stiff like I normally would be from tensing in the chair. My mouth doesn't hurt and the experience wasn't awful.

So you are probably wondering what the difference was, right? Here it is....







It is known as the stress vitamin or happy vitamin and most people don't get enough from diet alone. I certainly do not as I find my life to be a lot easier when I supplement with it. It can help with anxiety and irritability too! It also gives me a lot of energy for my day with my small boys. (so I don't recommend taking it close to bedtime) I read recently that if you want to be more like Mother Teresa you should take one b complex for each child that you have. lol!


 Knowing that it helps with stress levels, I took extra Vitamin B before my dental appointment. It really did help with my anxiety level. This is also the vitamin I took more of when my second son was born 6 weeks premature and spent 19 long days in the NICU. It was so stressful and vitamin B became my BFF. We still are today:) I wrote a blog about it last summer. You can read it HERE. 


  
Vitamin B is water soluable (like Vit. C) so when your body has what it needs, the rest will simply pass through.


Of course there are many other things to do to help with stress. Yoga, exercise, reading, and praying are others that I do. It's important to deal with stress in the best way that works for you. These are just some suggestions that I have found helpful for me. 


Thanks for reading and I hope you have a low-stress day:)

Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates