Social Icons

Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Healthy and Yummy Pudding recipe

I always love to find a good dessert recipe that actually has some healthy ingredients in it! I posted about a Healthy Burger recipe recently from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious book. It was so good!

The other day my 3 year old and I made her Chocolate Pudding recipe and it was YUMMY!!! The secret ingredient was - AVOCADO! I had gone to Aldi's the other day and avocados were only .49 each! so of course I bought several and they all ripened at the same time. I decided to give this recipe a try and I was SO glad I did! (my little guy was too:) I couldn't even tell that avocados were in it!

Ingredients

1/4 cup trans-fat free soft tub margarine spread. (I used smart balance)
1 cup of avocado puree (I used around 2 avocados but wish I would have used more so it would have made more!)

1 cup confectioners' sugar (I used a little less here)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (great for making hot cocoa too!)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (be sure to use the good stuff when you buy vanilla. worth the extra $$)
1/4 cup cornstarch (I accidentally used 1/2 cup! It tasted more like fudge but I AM NOT complaining. lol)

Melt the butter over low heat. Stir in avocado puree, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. cook and mash well with a spatula to smooth out any lumps. 3-4 min. until thickens. Remove from heat and gradually add cornstarch. Serve warm.


YUM - O!!!



    Have you made any recipes that you sneak ingredients into? How did they turn out? It's great for the picky eaters in your family:)

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!!

Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates