Happy Thursday! Are you ready for another week of organizing?
If you are just joining us, we have been getting organized using Jennifer Ford Berry's Organize Now book.
It has some great info and tips on organizing various parts of our life and home. You can see past posts here:
Week 1 about Organizing Your Mind and Life Vision HERE,
Week 2 about Organizing Your Priorities HERE,
Week 3 about Organizing Your Schedule HERE
Week 4 about Organizing Your Cleaning Schedule HERE.
Week 5 about Organizing Your Personal Information HERE.
Week 6 about Organizing Your Finances HERE.
Week 7 about Organizing Your Bill-paying System HERE.
Week 8 about Organizing Your Receipts and Taxes HERE.
Week 9 about Organizing Your Files HEREWeek 10 about Organizing your Magazines and Newspapers HERE.
Week 11 about Organizing Your Email HERE
Week 12 about Organizing Your Mail HERE
Week 13 about Organizing Your Child's Toys HERE.
Week 14 about Organizing Your Crafts HERE.
Week 15 about Organizing Your Photographs HERE.
This week we are organizing our purse! So for my male readers, take the week off! :) (unless you need to organize your wallet)
Up until recently, my purse was a mess! What happened recently? I decided it was time for a new purse! lol. So now my new one is very neat and organized. My old one still needs a little going through. Another work in progress. It's amazing how little I really need to have in my purse. Jennifer says that most people only use 20% of what they have in theirs!
If you have small kids, you probably don't even carry a purse, right? Everything you need is in the diaper bag:)
This Week's Goals:
1. Empty your purse or wallet. Do this every 3-6 months.
2. Sort receipts and throw away or file them.
3. Gather all loose change. We have a jar that we keep lots of loose coin in. We try to take it to the bank once in awhile to cash it in.
4. Go through your credit cards and cancel ones that you don't use.
5. Zoning: Keep your money/wallet in one zone, cosmetics in another, phone/planner in another, first aide and medications in a small bag and put into another zone. Keep one pen in your purse and remember to put it back in the same spot every time you use it. I am notorious for having tons of pens at the bottom of my purse but never can find one when I really need it!
1. Jennifer suggests keeping only one debit card, two credit cards, your driver's license, checkbook and some cash in your purse. Makes it easier to deal with if it ever gets lost or stolen.
2. Does your purse cause you pain to carry? Then it is too heavy! My mother-in-law has said not to carry a leather purse because it is so much heavier. Try buying something lighter weight to see the difference.
How often do you organize your purse or wallet?
And don't forget about the awesome free membership special that Shaklee is running through April 30, 2012. Free membership with ANY order! Members save 15% always, with no annual fees or minimum purchasing. Shaklee is the #1 natural nutrition company in the US and I grew up with their products. I have not seen a promotion like this yet, so I hope you will take advantage of it. You can see more details HERE.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!