Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Organize Your Crafts

 Happy Thursday! And welcome to another organize now post! I hope you have been enjoying. I will be honest - I have been having a hard time lately keeping up with the organizing part of my posts. Life gets so busy and I know that is true for many of you too. I keep at it though, whenever I can, and I hope you are too. If you get behind, just jump back in when you can. You can do it! :)



If you are just joining us, we have been getting organized using Jennifer Ford Berry's Organize Now book.
It has some great info and tips on organizing various parts of our life and home. You can see past posts here:


Week 1 about Organizing Your Mind and Life Vision HERE,
Week 2 about Organizing Your Priorities HERE,
Week 3 about Organizing Your Schedule HERE
Week 4 about Organizing Your Cleaning Schedule HERE.
Week 5 about Organizing Your Personal Information HERE. 
Week 6 about Organizing Your Finances HERE. 
      Week 7 about Organizing Your Bill-paying System HERE.
        Week 8 about Organizing Your Receipts and Taxes HERE
Week 9 about Organizing Your Files HERE
                               Week 10 about Organizing your Magazines and Newspapers HERE.
                                               Week 11 about Organizing Your Email HERE
                                                Week 12 about Organizing Your Mail HERE
                                         Week 13 about Organizing Your Child's Toys HERE.




This week we are organizing our crafts. I am not too crafty, so I don't have a lot of insight on this topic. I know many of my friends who are though and I really admire that. Here are some goals and tips for keeping your crafts organized.




This Week's Goals:

1. Put all of your craft projects and supplies in one place in your home. Some of my friends have "craft rooms" in their home. If you are really crafty and have the space, this would be ideal.

2. Sort your supplies

Put them into categories such as knitting, scrapbooking, stamping, etc. Get rid of supplies that you no longer need or don't work for you anymore. If you haven't used something more then once in the last 2 years, get rid of it. You could donate or sell it.

3. Use storage containers to keep your supplies organized. Label your containers.

4. Keep an "in progress" see-through container for current projects. This container should be easy to move in case you work on the project in different areas of your home. It should contain all necessary supplies for your project.


Tips:

You can keep all of your art supplies in an over-the-door shoe organizer. I think this is a great tip for your child's art supplies too. If you have a separate closet for these things, even better!

Give your left-over supplies to your child for their craft time.
  
For more tips on organizing your crafts, please read Organize Now.
Thanks again for reading. I hope you enjoyed the post and feel free to leave your own suggestions below.
Have a great day!
 
Rebecca  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates