Social Icons

Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rhubarb Diaries

I posted awhile back about this yummy rhubarb crisp I made. It was delicious! I swiped some rhubarb from my parent's garden in Wisconsin over Father's Day weekend. My grandpa planted it many years ago when he lived where my parents do now. My brother took some and transplanted it in his garden last year so I thought I would do the same.

We took the rhubarb on Sunday afternoon and after visiting my in-laws in IL, brought it to our home in Indiana and planted it on Monday evening. It did not like the heat and was pretty wilted when we planted it. It actually got more wilted after this but I didn't take a picture to show. We thought it was not going to take.

We were hoping for the best. We used Basic H2 organic concentrate and I regularly sprayed the leaves with it.

It still wasn't looking too good after about a week. But then, some new growth started appearing!




And this is what it looks like today, not even a month later. 



The old leaves have disappeared but the new ones look green and strong. 

We are looking forward to seeing how well it does. Rhubarb will come back every year and also multiplies over time. My parent's patch is huge! I wish I had a picture to share.

Can't wait for more crisps and pies! Stay tuned for updates....:)

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates