Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkins!

Pumpkins! I love them! I love them in pie, breads, soups, curry sauce, muffins, cookies, shakes.....it's endless! And many of those things I have been enjoying lately with my family.

We went to the Pumpkin patch recently and got some nice pumpkins. Baking pumpkins taste SO much better in recipes then canned pumpkin. Here are some highlights of our pumpkin fest recently and a couple of our pumpkin treats. Enjoy!







Baking pumpkins are great for making some yummy treats.

I cut it in half, took out the seeds (which are also yummy when baked) and baked it in the oven for around an hour at 350.

I put the fleshy part into the blender with some water and pureed it.


We used the puree for all sorts of recipes including my favorite - Pie! Here is my 4 year old helping me make some pies.




If you have never tried homemade pumpkin pie with real pumpkin, then you need to do this - today! lol. It is the BEST!!!

I also made some yummy pumpkin shakes with pumpkin, Vanilla Cinch protein, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, Cinnamon, raw honey and ice. Blend it up and prepared to be blown away! Tasty and healthy! Yum!!!







What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?

I hope you have a healthy and safe Halloween! Praying for all of you on the East coast.

Don't forget to visit me on Facebook soon! I have a Shaklee special running through Halloween night. 

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates