Happy Thursday! Let's get organized!
If you are just joining us, we have been getting organized using Jennifer Ford Berry's Organize Now book.
It has some great info and tips on organizing various parts of our life and home. You can see past posts here:
Week 1 about Organizing Your Mind and Life Vision HERE,
Week 2 about Organizing Your Priorities HERE,
Week 3 about Organizing Your Schedule HERE
Week 4 about Organizing Your Cleaning Schedule HERE.
Week 5 about Organizing Your Personal Information HERE.
Week 6 about Organizing Your Finances HERE.
Week 7 about Organizing Your Bill-paying System HERE.
Week 8 about Organizing Your Receipts and Taxes HERE.
Week 9 about Organizing Your Files HERE
Week 10 about Organizing your Magazines and Newspapers HERE.
Week 11 about Organizing Your Email HERE
Week 12 about Organizing Your Mail HERE
Week 13 about Organizing Your Child's Toys HERE.
Week 14 about Organizing Your Crafts HERE.
Week 15 about Organizing Your Photographs HERE.
Week 16 about Organizing Your Purse or Wallet HERE.
Week 17 about Organizing Your Vehicle HERE.
Week 18 about Organizing Your Pet HERE.
Week 19 about Organizing Your Books, CDs and DVDs HERE.
Week 20 about Organizing Your Entryway or Mudroom HERE.
Week 21 about Organizing Your Family Room or Living Room HERE.
Week 22 about Organizing Your Kitchen Countertops HERE.
Week 23 about Organizing the Kitchen Cabinets HERE.
Week 24 about Organizing the Pantry HERE.
Week 25 about Organizing the Refrigerator HERE.
Week 26 about Organizing the recipes HERE.
Week 27 about Organizing the dining room HERE.
Week 28 about Organizing the Laundry Room HERE.
Week 29 about Organizing the Bathroom HERE
Week 30 about Organizing the Medicine Cabinet HERE.
Week 31 about Organizing Your Child's Clothes and Closet HERE.
Week 32 about Organizing Your Child's Memorabilia HERE.
Week 33 about Organizing Your Child's Bedroom HERE.
Week 34 about Organizing Your Bedroom Closet HERE
Week 35 about Organizing Your Memorabilia HERE
Week 36 about Organizing Your Master Bedroom HERE
Week 37 about Organizing Your Jewelry, Accessories and Purses HERE.
Week 38 about Organizing your Home Office HERE
Week 39 about Organizing the Linen Closet HERE.
Week 40 about Organizing the Basement HERE.
Week 41 about Organizing the Attic HERE.
This week we are working on the garage. This is actually my husband's department. He enjoys organizing the garage. Although we have a 2 car garage, it is tight getting our van and compact car to fit. So we had to be creative with storage space.
My father-in-law helped my husband build shelves, which has been so great for storing things up high. And we use hooks to hang things like bikes above.
They also hung this peg board for tools with some shelving above it.
Since we didn't have a lot of space on the ground, we used what we had above and it works great!
This Week's Goals:
1. Take everything out of the garage and sort into piles:
Toss, Things that will stay in the garage, Things that do not belong in the garage, Things to sell or donate, Things that belong to someone else.
2. After the garage is empty, put your car(s) in to see how much space you have. put tape down to mark the area where your car is. If you don't have a lot of space, consider hanging shelves and hooks like we have in my garage.
3. Categorize the things that will remain in the garage and find a good home for it. If you are not able to fit everything back in with your car there, consider getting rid of more things. Some people use an outdoor storage container or shed.
4. Go through your other piles and get rid of things that do not belong in the garage. Throw out things that are broken or rusted. Return items that do not belong to you. Donate or sell items (garage sale, craigs list, ebay, etc) that are in good condition but you do not use. Find a good home for the remainder of the items in another place in your home or basement.
1. If you want more light in your garage, paint the ceiling with a light-colored high gloss paint. (what a great tip! I would have never thought of that!). Our garage door has windows, so we always have a good amount of light.
That's it for this week. Is your garage organized? do you have too much stuff in it?
Next week we will organize the yard and garden.
Thanks for reading! Please visit me on Facebook soon!