It's Thursday! We are almost done with our book! It's hard to believe! How has it gone for you this year? Have the posts and tips helped?
If you are just joining us, we have been getting organized using Jennifer Ford Berry's Organize Now book.
It has some great info and tips on organizing various parts of our life and home. You can see past posts here:
Week 1 about Organizing Your Mind and Life Vision HERE,
Week 2 about Organizing Your Priorities HERE,
Week 3 about Organizing Your Schedule HERE
Week 4 about Organizing Your Cleaning Schedule HERE.
Week 5 about Organizing Your Personal Information HERE.
Week 6 about Organizing Your Finances HERE.
Week 7 about Organizing Your Bill-paying System HERE.
Week 8 about Organizing Your Receipts and Taxes HERE.
Week 9 about Organizing Your Files HERE
Week 10 about Organizing your Magazines and Newspapers HERE.
Week 11 about Organizing Your Email HERE
Week 12 about Organizing Your Mail HERE
Week 13 about Organizing Your Child's Toys HERE.
Week 14 about Organizing Your Crafts HERE.
Week 15 about Organizing Your Photographs HERE.
Week 16 about Organizing Your Purse or Wallet HERE.
Week 17 about Organizing Your Vehicle HERE.
Week 18 about Organizing Your Pet HERE.
Week 19 about Organizing Your Books, CDs and DVDs HERE.
Week 20 about Organizing Your Entryway or Mudroom HERE.
Week 21 about Organizing Your Family Room or Living Room HERE.
Week 22 about Organizing Your Kitchen Countertops HERE.
Week 23 about Organizing the Kitchen Cabinets HERE.
Week 24 about Organizing the Pantry HERE.
Week 25 about Organizing the Refrigerator HERE.
Week 26 about Organizing the recipes HERE.
Week 27 about Organizing the dining room HERE.
Week 28 about Organizing the Laundry Room HERE.
Week 29 about Organizing the Bathroom HERE
Week 30 about Organizing the Medicine Cabinet HERE.
Week 31 about Organizing Your Child's Clothes and Closet HERE.
Week 32 about Organizing Your Child's Memorabilia HERE.
Week 33 about Organizing Your Child's Bedroom HERE.
Week 34 about Organizing Your Bedroom Closet HERE
Week 35 about Organizing Your Memorabilia HERE
Week 36 about Organizing Your Master Bedroom HERE
Week 37 about Organizing Your Jewelry, Accessories and Purses HERE.
Week 38 about Organizing your Home Office HERE
Week 39 about Organizing the Linen Closet HERE.
Week 40 about Organizing the Basement HERE.
Week 41 about Organizing the Attic HERE.
Week 42 about Organizing the Garage HERE.
Week 43 about Organizing the Yard and Garden HERE.
Week 44 about Organizing Your Holiday HERE.
Week 45 about Organizing Your Party HERE
Week 46 about Organizing Your Trip HERE.
Week 47 about Organizing Your Move HERE.
Week 48 about Organizing Your Back To School Time HERE
Week 51 about Organizing Your Family's Safety Plan HERE
Week 52 about Organizing After a Loss HERE
Week 53 about Organizing Your Morning Routine HERE
Week 54 about Organizing Your Evening Routine HERE
This week we are talking about organizing your grocery shopping. I will admit that grocery shopping is not my favorite thing to do. But it is nice when I can do it by myself without distraction and get in and out quickly. To do this, I always make a list. And never go to the store hungry so I don't make impulse buys that I will regret on the scale later. lol. I am also a coupon clipper. I have found that when I find an item on my list that is on sale AND I have a coupon, I can save a ton of $$$!
This Week's Goals:
1. Organize your shopping list. My husband and I keep a dry/erase board on our fridge. Anytime we are running low of an item we add it to the board. I use that to quickly make my shopping list. I also have a master list of things that we buy every week like milk, bread, items for my husband's lunch, produce, etc. When things are on sale that will not spoil fast, I stock up.
2. Organize your fridge and pantry before you go to the store so you really know what you have. This will save you time and money from buying things you do not need that week. You can see more about organizing these items in week 24 and 25.
3. Organize your weekly meal planning before you shop (next week's post). Lately, I have been trying a new recipe and a new veggie each week. It's been fun finding new and healthy (and tasty!) recipes and I learned that parsnips and brussel sprouts are really good! who knew? lol Now they are regulars on my shopping lists.
1. Check the store flier before shopping so you know what is on sale. Stock up on items you use often and bring coupons for more savings! Some stores will even double your coupons so you can save a surprising amount of money by using them. And be sure to get your store's shopping or reward card for extra coupons and discounts.
2. Try to shop when it is the least busy at the store to save you time. Week days, esp. in the morning are typically a good bet.
What grocery shopping tips have worked for you?
Thanks for reading and remember to visit me on Facebook soon!
Would love to hear from you. :)
Would love to hear from you. :)
Have a great day!