Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Advent Challenge Day 17

When I was a kid I used to love art class. It was something I really enjoyed. But as I grew older I didn't like it very much. I remember working as a rehab therapist in CA and dreading days when we had all of the clients come and make ornaments or had an art day. I just never had the patience for the fine details. Yet, today I found myself doing a simple art project with my boys as our activity. I found this simple Christmas Tree instructions and the kids really loved it. :)



I drew this tree on two pieces of thin cardboard. And cut a slit half way down from the top of one and the bottom of the other.



The kids helped me paint it green. We actually didn't have green paint so we had a little science experiment mixing our blue and yellow paints. :)



After they dried, we cut out little ornaments and glued them on.


And then put it together!


It was fun to do with the boys and they really enjoyed it too. My oldest really loves art time at school so he always enjoys anytime we do something like this.

Are you artsy? 

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out our great 12 Days of Christmas specials happening now! Scroll through the past days. Today's was a deal on children's vitamins that we love in our house and keep us healthy.

Have a great day!

~Rebecca~


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates