Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Advent Challenge Day 24 & Merry Christmas!!


It is the final day of Advent which means Christmas is tomorrow!! I have enjoyed sharing the activities that my family has done this season. It has helped us to be closer in spite of all the hustle and bustle of the season. I hope it has done the same for you.  I have enjoyed your comments about my challenge with those of you who were doing it too as well as people who have simply said they enjoyed reading the posts and it helped them to remember the reason for the season. It is so easy to get caught up in the presents, shopping, lights etc and forget that we are here to celebrate the birth of a baby - Our Savior, Jesus! He was given to bring light to the world and to give us joy, peace, hope and love. 

We lit our final candle - the white candle which represents Jesus' light. This was the candle that I made with my friend Cheryl that we used as our Unity Candle in our wedding 9 years ago! 




Today my family is finishing up our activities by sprinkling the lawn with our Reindeer food that we made yesterday, leaving cookies out for Santa that we made a few days ago, and going to the Children's Christmas Mass at church. (and again for me as I am singing and playing flute with the choir at our 10:30pm mass tonight. Hope I can stay awake. it is worth it as the "midnight" mass is one of my favorites. so beautiful with all of the candles:)















So from my family to yours, Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season and continued prayers to those of you who have lost a loved one this year. May you gain peace and strength through Jesus.

And thank you to my friend Rachel Jones for taking such wonderful pictures of us at Happy Hollow park in September!

Enjoy your day with friends and family!

~Rebecca~


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates