Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gratitude Challenge Day 17

As many of you know the midwest has been hit by some severe storms this afternoon. We have been watching the weather here and although we did have the tornado sirens going off and a tornado warning was issued, the storm came and went without much fanfare in our area and I am thankful for that. We did hunker down in the safest place we have in our home, which is the downstairs half bathroom. Not a whole lot of space there so good thing I like my family. :)

This is my five year old who after seeing a few pictures of the tornado on the iPad wanted to draw a storm. So that kept him busy while we waited it out. As I type he continues to draw storm pictures in his room. I better not introduce him to the movie Twister or maybe he would take a serious liking to storm chasing!





Now, if you know me at all, you know that I do enjoy a good storm. That was one of the things I disliked when we lived in southern california as they rarely happened there. I think in the six years we lived there I could count on one hand the number of good thunderstorms we had.

But nobody likes severe storms that take peoples homes or lives. A friend of mine lives in Washington, IL where there is so much devastation from today's storm. This is a picture that was posted on her Facebook today taken from her mom's house. They had damage but their houses still stand and they are thankfully ok. Some of their neighbors lost everything and we are praying for all of the people who are affected by this. 


A couple of my college friends in Wisconsin lost their home to a tornado a few years ago and it was devastating to them as any of us would imagine.

So today I am thankful that we are safe in our home and were not personally affected by today's tornados. We will continue to pray for those who were.



Praying that all of you are safe today!

~Rebecca~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates