Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gratitude Challenge Day 26

I heard some sad news today when I dropped my youngest off at preschool. One of the boys in his class was recently diagnosed with a rare childhood brain cancer and is really sick.

It hit me very hard as I know this child. He was in class with my other son last year and now is with my youngest. Benjamin only mentions a few children who he plays with at school and this boy, Eli, is one of them. When we talked about what was happening with Eli today, that he is sick and we need to pray for him, Benjamin got sad and said, "Eli is my friend, mommy". 

 Eli came to Andrew's birthday party last year, which is the first time I met him and I was so impressed by his larger then life personality and his sense of humor. He was not shy at all and was very excited to participate in the games and events at the party as was his older sister. 

You can read a bit of his story in this newspaper article in our local paper.



Eli has a tough road ahead of him and knowing how powerful prayer can be, I would like to ask you to pray for this boy and for his family. I pray for God to heal him and strengthen him and for his family to have strength and God's grace as they face what lies ahead. I also pray for the doctor's knowledge that they are able to heal and help Eli make a full recovery. And for scientists to find a cure for cancer.

 You can also follow his story and see how you can help through the Facebook page set up for him.

So today I am very thankful for my children's health and for each and every day I have with them. Life is precious and is a gift. It should not be taken for granted and Eli's story today reminded me of that. 

Thank you for reading and praying for Eli today.

what are you thankful for?

Have a good day:)

~Rebecca~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates