Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gratitude Challenge Day 6

Today's post is about gifts. Not material gifts but gifts that were given to each of us from God. Some may call them spiritual gifts. We all have them whether or not we want to acknowledge them or draw attention to them or share them. 




I would like to encourage you to take some time today to think about your gifts. Your talent. Maybe it is something you can do like sing or play an instrument. Or maybe you have the gift of listening to others and inspiring others or public speaking. Or to serve others. Or something science based. Or the gift to cook or making others feel important and special. Maybe you have a gift of teaching. Whatever your gifts are, write them down. Acknowledge them. Share them.

 are you using your gifts? Sharing them with others? Maybe using them in your church or donating your time by volunteering with your gifts? Are you fulfilling your dreams? Do you think it's too late? It's not! If you are not using your gifts or doing things that add fulfillment to your life, then make a  change. you are the only one who can do that. I think that God gives each of us special gifts and it is up to us to recognize those gifts and use them. When we do this according to His will, we can find peace and contentment in our lives. And as you do this think about the gifts that your children have (if you have kids). How can you help them to find their gifts and share them?

For me, I realized early on that I have a gift of music. Growing up I was happiest when I was playing in the band or orchestra or singing in the choir.  I was very thankful to be able to share my gift as I grew up. 





I recently began singing and playing my flute with my church choir. It felt like coming home when I attended the first rehearsal even though I didn't know anyone in the choir initially. I enjoy it and enjoy sharing my talent to make others happy. You never know what God's plan is for your gift or how He is using it to reach others.




I also use my gift in my profession as a music therapist which is really rewarding. When I first learned about music therapy and how I could use my gift to help people, I knew that was what I wanted to do.



And I teach. I love teaching young students how to play the flute and use their gifts to make music and to help them to express their musical gifts!



So today I am thankful for the many gifts that God has given me. And the opportunity to use those gifts and share them with others.

What are your special gifts? Are you sharing them?
What are you thankful for today?

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day:)

~Rebecca~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates