Social Icons

Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Gratitude Challenge day 29!

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is over and tomorrow is the last day of November already? It seems like the year had just begun and now it is coming to an end. For many people I know, 2014 cannot come soon enough as they have gone through some extreme hardships this year. Losing a child is at the top of the list and every parent's worst nightmare. Two of my friends went through this in 2013. Other friends went through job loss, loss of a parent or friend, loss of a spouse, a cancer diagnosis of a child or friend, losing a home to a tornado and for us and at least two other friends - miscarriage….it's depressing when you think of it! And it's hard to imagine some of those things being part of God's plan.

But when I see my friends endure these hardships, And become stronger because of them, then I know God's plan is working in their lives and in my own through His Grace. As difficult as those things are, knowing that God is there walking with us through the difficult times is comforting. And my friend's strength has had a direct impact on my faith life and I am grateful for that.



I have a friend who lost her son to a car accident in 2004. He was in his late 20s and planning a wedding just months later. It was devastating. But the strength my friend showed through her faith, was truly amazing. At the time I didn't have kids and wasn't even married yet. In fact, I was planning my own wedding a few weeks after her son was planning his. It made me question God's plan but in seeing how my friend rose above the pain and kept on keeping on in her faith, was inspiring to me.

So what am I thankful for today? To be honest, when I write some of these posts I am not sure where I will go with them. I am not trying to be depressing. This was one of those posts that went in a direction of reflection. I was really thinking about my friends who have gone through loss or are going through hardships right now and how they are praying to make it to 2014 without any more loss. And how through prayer and the grace of God, they have been able to endure.



Today I am grateful for God's grace. And how through His spirit, He is able to help those who have faith, to rise above life's turmoil and see that He is working in their lives. It is not always easy, but knowing that He is always with us is comforting and something to help us get through the good as well as the bad times in our lives. And I am very grateful for that.

Matt Redman has a wonderful song that I love about God's Grace. Take a listen.



What do you need God's grace for in your life today? What are you thankful for today?



Thanks for reading! 

~Rebecca~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates